The key to any successful business is marketing, here are some ways to get in the business
As you know by now that floors will be the most profitable jobs so concentrate on finding
these first, then go for the Kitchen splash backs with kitchen floors, trying to leave bathrooms as the last job you want to do.
When doing the below always make sure you ask for and are talking to the one that can make a decision to give you the business.
- Get yourself around all the conservatory suppliers including any window fitters that you can find and pitch your services, you need to make contact with as many tradesman as you can find. Â Ask who is the plasterer that finishes off the conservatory as he will be the last tradesman in contact with the owner, make sure he has your business cards do dish out
- Shop fitters, try and find these tradesman who are currently doing or going to refit out a shop, these shops will usually have tiles down on the floors
- Floor screeding service tradesman, again like above these tradesman do floors that maybe ready for tiling soon
- Kitchen shops are the first port of call here, get into every one you can find and pitch
your services with cards and flyers.
- Kitchen fitters and joiners are the ones here, the customer will always ask them for a tiler after they have finished installing the kitchen.
- Electricians also rewire a lot of kitchen sockets and bathroom down lighters, tiling will always follow this service, so find those electricians, offer to take their card always and say you will also pass work onto them, this goes for every tradesman
- Bathroom showrooms and plumbers merchants and also the actual plumbing tradesman is how you will get these jobs
Tile shops obviously sell loads of tiles and will be asked all the time to recommend a tiler, so it is really important that you get in with the sales and counter staff.
Ask them if they can pass on the next floor job or kitchen splash back that comes in, not so much the bathroom jobs.
- Church parish magazines (around Â£20), visit your local church and ask them if they
do a monthly mag then ask them about advertising in it, there are a lot of people will trust you from this route as people that are church goes like other people the same
- Estate agents / Letting agents, These are always looking for handy men for the property developers on their books as well as the houses that are not selling due to the in need for updating
- Insurance companies will always be looking for tradesman to correct damaged properties, fires, floods etc, ring up the insurance companies and ask who to speak to about getting work sub contracted to you
- Checked and Vetted / Rated Tradesman etc, These work well, ring them up and ask them what and how they charge for getting referrals to customers
- Other tradesman, plumbers, electricians, decorators and plasterers
- Paper shops, Newspapers
- Vehicle sign essential, this is essential get a van and make sure it says what you do which is tiling services and your contact numbers
- Google, this is a powerful one now, it creates hot leads, first you need a website that will start to get good natural rankings in google, this will take time so you can jump the queue and go straight to the top with a PPC (pay per click ) campaign
- Make sure you offer credit card facilities, look for how you can process card payments with a mobile card machine.
If you get all these above in action you will have more work than you can handle
If you looking for a career change and want to learn tiling as well how to run a business then UK Pro Tiling Training is a one stop shop, learn how to be self employed with our fast track tiling courses.